Mobile Home Fire Determined to be Accidental

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The cause of the fire at a residence located in the 1200 block of Baker Road in the Colonial Run section of Virginia Beach has been determined to be accidental.  The fire which started at approximately 8:20 p.m. last night, originated in one of the bedrooms according to Virginia Beach Fire Investigators.  There are no further details about the cause available at this time.

The 59-year old man that was pulled from the burning mobile home remains in critical condition at a Norfolk hospital where he was transported to by Virginia Beach Emergency Medical Services. Two pets, one dog and one bird perished in the fire.  The fire was declared under control within 15-minutes of VBFD's arrival.  ​


​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​