Station 6 - Creeds

​​​​Station 6
 
 Station 6 photo #2The first Creeds Fire Station 6 was built in 1954 and was located at 5693 Morris Neck Road on land donated by the Freeman family.  The building still stands, but is no longer used as the Creeds Fire Station.

The new Fire Station 6 opened on August 22, 1998, and is now located, just around the corner from the old station at 595 Princess Anne Road.  The station consists of 11,369 square feet with four bays.  Fire Station 6 is manned by a Captain and four Firefighters who staff a pumper, tanker, brush truck, and a 24-foot aluminum fire boat, which was purchased by the Virginia Port Authority for the Virginia Beach Fire Department.  Fire Station 6 is one of three Fire Department Marine Response Teams (MRTs) in the City.  The Station 6 photo #3primary waterways of responsibility include the Back Bay and the North Landing River (Inter coastal Waterway); however, the MRT has also been utilized on Search and Rescue (SAR) missions in Currituck, North Carolina, the James and Rappahannock Rivers.
              
Fire Station 6 personnel serve a rural non-hydrant area and respond to agricultural, structural, and wild land fires. The personnel also provide EMS and Marine services for their area and mutual aid assistance to Currituck, North Carolina.  One of the four Firefighters assigned to Fire Station 6 also staffs the EMS driver-only ambulance.
Contact Information