Station 5 - Princess Anne

Station 5 

Station 5 photo #2The Courthouse fire station is located on Princess Anne Road adjacent to the Public Safety Building at the Municipal Center.  A captain and five firefighters per shift man a tanker, telesquirt, brush truck, and mobile communications center.  A group of 12 area residents formed the Princess Anne Court House Volunteer Fired Department in April 1947. 

A small barn owned by Titus Sawyer off North Landing Road was used to store the first fire truck.  This truck was an old Ford chassis that Chuck CadisStation 5 circa 1947 built into a pumper / tanker.  A new building was built in April 1968 and as the department grew, several additions were added onto ​the original station. (This report is incomplete because the original station records were destroyed.)

Contact Information