Military DD-214

​​​​Information on where to file your DD-214 and the fees associated with recording it.

Where do I file my Military Discharge DD-214?

The DD-214 is filed in the Virginia Beach Circuit Court Clerk's Office if you reside in . If you are not a resident of Virginia Beach, the DD-214 is filed in the city/county wherein you reside.

What should I bring with me to record the DD-214?

Bring the original or properly authenticated copy of either the discharge certificate or the report of separation from active duty (Department of Defense Document DD-214).​

Is there a fee for filing the DD-214?

No, the Clerk's Office does not charge a filing fee and provides up to three copies of the DD-214 at no charge.