Disabled Veterans Personal Property Tax Relief

Disabled Veterans who qualify under provisions of the Code of Virginia, Title 58.1.3506 et. seq., and Virginia Beach city ordinance may be eligible for a reduced personal property tax rate. The reduced rate pertains ​to veterans who have lost the use of one or both legs, an arm or a hand, or are blind or permanently and totally disabled and the disability is certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs as service-connected. Each qualified veteran receives a reduced tax rate of $1.50 per hundred dollars of assessed value on one vehicle owned and regularly used by the veteran.

 To apply, please complete and provide the information and documentation requested on the Disabled Veterans Tax Relief Form and return it to the Commissioner of the Revenue.

 Disabled Veterans Personal Property Tax Relief Form

​​If you have questions, please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue's Taxpayer Assistance office.

Contact Information