City offices and facilities will be operating under multiple operating schedules during the upcoming holiday season. Please review the listing below for specifics.
All City of Virginia Beach offices and facilities will be closed Monday, Dec. 24; Tuesday, Dec. 25, and Tuesday, Jan. 1. This includes the following:
- All City of Virginia Beach offices and facilities
- All public libraries
- All recreation centers, Owl Creek Tennis Center, staffed city parks and facilities
o Neighborhood parks and canoe/kayak launches remain open
- Sandler Center for the Performing Arts
- Virginia Beach Convention Center administrative offices
- Virginia Beach Farmers Market Office – Most market vendors will close at noon Dec. 24 and be closed all day Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
- Visitor Center located on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
- Visitor Information Center - 2100 Parks Ave.
- All parks and recreation administrative offices, recreation centers, Owl Creek Tennis Center and staffed parks will be close at 5 p.m. on Dec. 31
- Neighborhood parks and canoe/kayak launches remain open
- All public libraries will close at 5 p.m. on Dec. 31
· Chesapeake Bay Visitor Center at First Landing State will be closed Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1
· Francis Land House, Lynnhaven House and Adam Thoroughgood House will be closed Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1
· Union Kempsville Museum (Renaissance Academy) will be closed Dec. 23 through Jan. 1
· Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center will close at 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 24, and will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 25. However, it will be open Tuesday, Jan. 1.
· Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center will be open Dec. 24 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed Dec. 25, open Dec. 31 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., and closed Jan. 1
· Virginia Beach Circuit Court and clerk’s offices will be closed Dec. 24, 25, 26, 31 and Jan. 1
- Virginia Beach General District Court, Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court , the Juvenile Court Service Unit and clerk’s offices will be closed Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1
· Virginia Beach Health Department will be closed Dec. 24, 25, 26, 31 and Jan. 1
- No collection on Dec. 25. Tuesday’s route will be collected Saturday, Dec. 29
- No collection on Jan. 1. Tuesday’s route will be collected Saturday, Jan. 5
- City Landfill will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
For information regarding city services and information, please contact VB311 Citizen Services by dialing 311 on landlines within the city limits, (757) 385-3111 by cell phone, or visit www.VBgov.com for online assistance.
# # #