UPDATE: Elbow Road has been re-opened to traffic as of 4 p.m. today – Tuesday, Nov. 20. Emergency work has been completed and normal traffic routes have been resumed.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 15, 2012
Drew Lankford, (757) 385-8062; (757) 409-4353; firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Closure of Section of Elbow Road Beginning Saturday Morning
There will be an emergency closure of Elbow Road from Walpole Street to Round Hill Road beginning at 7 am on Saturday, November 17 through Tuesday, November 20, 2012. Because of sections that are crumbling, it will require reconstruction and raising a portion of the road between Walpole Street and Round Hill Road.
Because of the narrowness of the road, traffic will be re-routed through a detour, and there will be clearly marked signs instructing drivers about the detour route. Maps that show the detour routes will be posted on the Virginia Beach Public Works Department’s WEB page beginning Friday at noon at www.vbgov.com/PublicWorks.
Motorists traveling westbound on Dam Neck Road to Indian River Road will have to:
• Turn RIGHT onto Salem Road and head north to S. Independence Blvd
• Turn LEFT onto S. Independence Blvd and head west to Round Hill Drive
• Turn LEFT onto Round Hill Drive and head south to Elbow Road
• Turn RIGHT onto Elbow Road and continue on to Indian River Road
Motorists traveling eastbound on Elbow Road to Dam Neck Road will have to:
• Turn LEFT onto Round Hill Drive and head north to S. Independence Blvd
• Turn RIGHT onto S. Independence Blvd and head east to Salem Road
• Turn RIGHT onto Salem Road and head south to Dam Neck Road
• Turn LEFT onto Dam Neck Road and continue
For additional information, please contact Chris Hasty, Dan Kiley or Bob Bidlack at 385-1470.
# # #
News Releases: www.vbgov.com/PublicWorks