In honor of Grandparents Day, Sunday, September 9, 2012, the Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center will allow people aged 60 and over to adopt senior pets, aged 7 and over for free! Also, anyone aged 18-59 will be allowed to adopt a senior pet for just half price!
There are many reasons to adopt a senior pet, listed below are some thoughts from the ASPCA and Petfinder.com:
* Adult dogs are already emotionally mature.
* When senior cats are adopted, they seem to understand that they have been rescued.
* Senior dogs are GREAT for first-time pet owners, no puppy training.
* A senior cat’s and dog’s personality has already developed, you’ll know if they are a fit for you.
* Many senior dogs and cats are already potty trained.
* Senior dogs and cats have stopped growing, so there is no question of how “big” one will grow.
* Senior cats are often just content to relax in your company instead of looking for mischief.
* Senior dogs settle in quicker than younger dogs.
* Senior cats often know the difference between their scratching post and your couch.
* Many senior dogs and cats are just plain open-hearted and ready to share their life with you.
If you’ve ever considered adopting an older pet, this Sunday will be the day to visit the Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center. All senior citizens, aged 60 and up, can adopt a senior pet, aged 7 and up FOR FREE! And everyone between the ages of 18 and 59 can adopt a senior pet, aged 7 and up FOR HALF PRICE!
This Sunday, September 9, 2012, only! 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center, 341 S. Birdneck Road in Virginia Beach.
For more information, please call the shelter at (757) 385-4444.