On Saturday, June 2nd and Sunday, June 3rd, Atlantic Avenue will be closed from 17th to 5th street support the 2012 USO Patriotic Festival Air Show. The City is operating shuttle services to overflow parking locations at Camp Pendleton and Oceana to meet the expected attendance for this event. The road closure is being put into place to accommodate the shuttles.
Following is the closure schedule:
Parking Shuttle Information
The city will offer shuttles before, during and after the air shows on Saturday and Sunday. Free parking will be available at:
Camp Pendleton. Enter from General Booth Boulevard and Birdneck Road. Handicapped parking is available.
Naval Air Station Oceana, Fleet Park. Enter from the main gate at Oceana Boulevard and Tomcat Boulevard. Handicapped parking is NOT available.
- These lots will be open to vehicles from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Entry to both lots will close at 3 p.m.
- Shuttles buses will run 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The shuttles will NOT run Friday, June 1.
- To accommodate air show visitors staying for concerts, a small shuttle operation will continue until 11 p.m. Saturday, and 9 p.m. Sunday.
After 7 p.m., all passengers to Oceana AND Camp Pendleton will be picked up at 9th Street.
There will be two shuttle drop-off sites on Atlantic Avenue:
- Between 9th and 10th streets
- Between 12th and 14th streets
The shuttles are city school buses with no air conditioning. Carry-on items are limited to small soft-side coolers, folding beach chairs and baby strollers.
For more information on the free parking and shuttles, visit www.VBgov.com/patrioticfest.
Air shows will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
Concerts will be 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 5 p.m. Sunday.
For more information on the Patriotic Festival, the air show and concerts, visit www.patrioticfestival.com.