Adult Foster Care Provider Applications Now Being Accepted By Virginia Beach Human Services Department
Friday, April 27, 2012 · 12:00 pm
The Virginia Beach Department of Human Services Adult Foster Care Program is now accepting applications for new providers. Adult Foster Care homes provide meals, medication management, supervision, and assistance to adults who are unable to live independently. The program offers an opportunity for adults to live in a home-like environment while still having their day to day needs met.
We are looking for individuals who are willing to invite adult residents into their home, family, and social circle as well as provide for their basic needs.
What providers receive:
- A monthly stipend for rent and to help cover expenses
- Support from the Department of Human Services
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in someone’s life
Prospective Adult Foster Care Providers must:
- Be a Virginia Beach resident.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Own or rent a home in the city of Virginia Beach
- Agree to a criminal background check (including a Child Protective Services and Adult Protective Services background check)
- Participate in an interview, provide two references and a financial statement
- Have a tuberculosis screening
- Have a home and fire inspection.
If you are interested in becoming a provider, contact Angela Olaes at 385-3301. For more information, visit vbgov.com/HSD/AdultFosterCare.aspx.
# # #