Workshop for Those Interested in Working with Individuals with Disabilities Hosted by Virginia Beach Human Services Department
Friday, April 20, 2012 · 11:30 am
Are you interested in a career working with individuals with disabilities or want to understand the role of the caregiver assisting a family member? Plan to attend this information session for families and personal care attendants:
- When: Wed., May 16, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. or Sat., May 19, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Where: Bow Creek Recreation Center, 3425 Clubhouse Road, Virginia Beach
- What: Information on careers in the field of disabilities
- Professional Ethics for the Employer and Personal Care Attendant
- Breaking Through “Labels”
- Person-Centered Thinking and Why It Is Important
- RSVP: Call Cynthia Buckler at 385-0602 by May 14
- Light refreshments will be served and there will be a raffle/door prizes.
This workshop is sponsored by the Department of Human Services, Developmental Services Division (DSD). Through the provision of services, DSD supports families living with a family member with an intellectual disability and provides opportunities to individuals with disabilities to become self directing and contributing members of the community. To learn more about services for individuals with intellectual disabilities visit the division’s web page: http://www.vbgov.com/HSD/DS.
Training and Career Opportunities Flyer.pdf