Virginia Beach House and Garden Tour Set for April 25
Tour Includes History and Music
Thursday, April 12, 2012 · 02:15 am
The annual Virginia Beach House and Garden tour offers something for everyone. In addition to touring the selected homes, full ticket holders can also see the Virginia Beach Historic Houses of Adam Thoroughgood, Francis Land and Lynnhaven on April 25 and 26. These houses offer much more than themselves for viewing those two days:
- On Wednesday, April 25, the Francis Land House will present musical performances by the Hardwick Chamber Ensemble at 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. The ensemble will perform a violin and piano sonata by Beethoven, a cello and piano sonata by Beethoven, Trio for Clarinet, Cello & Piano Op. 11 by Beethoven, and Trio for Clarinet, Cello and Piano by John Winsor. The performance is free and open to the public. The Friends of the Virginia Beach Historic Houses will serve tea and scones.
- Additionally, the Francis Land House will feature beautiful floral arrangements created by the Council of Garden Clubs of Virginia Beach.
- The Francis Land House features a formal garden, herb garden, vegetable garden and demonstration plots maintained by Virginia Beach Master Gardeners. The site also has several landscaped plantings donated by local garden clubs.
- The Adam Thoroughgood House features a Colonial Revival garden designed by Alden Hopkins in 1960 and installed by the Garden Club of Virginia. It is maintained by Virginia Beach Master Gardeners.
- The Lynnhaven House features an herb garden maintained by volunteer Paula Mann.
The Virginia Beach House and Garden is presented by the Princess Anne Garden Club and the Virginia Beach Garden Club as part of the Garden Club of Virginia’s Historic Garden Week. For more information on the Virginia Beach tour, visit http://bit.ly/IF8xS1. For Information on Virginia Historic Garden Week, visit www.VAGardenweek.org.
# # #