Gathering of the Guilds and Native Plant Sale
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 · 11:30 am
The 21th annual Gathering of the Guilds will be held Saturday, April 7, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the historic Francis Land House, 3131 Virginia Beach Blvd. Guild members from all over Hampton Roads will share information and demonstrate their specialties to the public. Participating guilds include:
- American Needlepoint Guild
- Artist Blacksmith Group of Tidewater
- Back Bay Wildfowl Guild
- Beekeepers Guild of Southeast Virginia
- Nansemond Indian Tribal Association – Three Arrows
- Tidewater Disthaff Spinners
- Tidewater Friends of Folk Music
- Tidewater Quilters Guild
- Tidewater Turners of Virginia
- Tidewaters Weavers Guild
The regional chapter of the Virginia Native Plant Society will hold its annual native plant sale in conjunction with the Gathering of the Guilds. The sale will be on the front lawn of the Francis Land House. Perennials, shrubs, small trees and other plants that will thrive in seaside and woodland gardens will be sold. All proceeds from the plant sale will be used for area beautification and education.
This program is free and open to the public. For more information, call (757) 385-5100 or visit www.museumsvb.org.
# # #