VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — August 13, 2014 — The following Virginia Beach facilities will be CLOSED Monday, Sept. 1 in observance of Labor Day:
* All City of Virginia Beach offices
* All Virginia Beach community recreation centers
* All Virginia Beach public libraries
* All Virginia Beach city public schools and administration offices
* Francis Land House, Lynnhaven House, Adam Thoroughgood House and PACTS/Union Kempsville High School Museum
* Owl Creek Tennis Center
* The Sandler Center for the Performing Arts administrative offices and Box Office
* The Virginia Beach Circuit Court, General District Court, Juvenile & Domestic Relations Courts and Clerk’s Offices
* Virginia Beach Convention Center administrative offices
* Virginia Beach Public Health Department
The following facilities are OPEN to the public, Monday, Sept. 1 during the following hours:
* All Virginia Beach city parks and park facilities - 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
* Chesapeake Bay Center at First Landing State Park - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 31, Sunday, Aug. 31, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Visitor Center on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Visitor Information Center – 2100 Parks Ave. - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Visitor Center at 24th & 17th streets Information Kiosks – 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
* Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Virginia Beach Farmers Market Closed - Market Vendors Open - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For information regarding city services and information, contact VB311 Citizen Services seven days a week by dialing 311 on landlines within the city limits, (757) 385-3111 by cell phone, or visit www.VBgov.com for online assistance.
# # #