July 4th fireworks that were originally scheduled for Friday night at the Oceanfront and Mount Trashmore Park have been rescheduled to Saturday night, July 5, due to the threat of Tropical Storm Arthur.
Fireworks had been scheduled for 9:30 p.m. Friday at both locations. Instead, fireworks will be at the same time Saturday.
At Mount Trashmore, all events that were scheduled for Friday will be moved to Saturday.
At the Oceanfront, some of the events scheduled for Friday night – Symphonicity, the Virginia Beach Chorale and fireworks – will be moved to Saturday night.
Here is the new schedule at each location:
· 17th Street Park – 8 to 10:30 p.m. – Chester B’s Motown Tribute Show
· 24th Street Park – 8 to 10:45 p.m. – The English Channel
· 31st Street Park – 8 to 10:30 p.m. – 52nd Street (Billy Joel tribute) and Captain Fantastic (Elton John tribute)
· 20th Street on the beach – 8 to 9:30 p.m. – Symphonicity and the Virginia Beach Chorale
· 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks
All events are canceled
Events will be held 4 to 9:30 p.m. Admission is free. Limited onsite parking is $5.
· 4 to 6 p.m.: Local band User Friendly kicks off the Independence Day celebration with their classic and modern rock covers, plus heartfelt original songs.
- 7 to 9:30 p.m.: Local music sensation The Deloreans is a high-energy, versatile ‘80s cover band that will get everyone on their feet, dancing to retro classics by ‘80s artists like The Go-Go’s, Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, The Bangles, Huey Lewis & The News and so much more.
· 4 to 8 p.m.: Free children’s activities and games, including inflatables, will be available, provided by Awaken Church. Mason Lodge District 56 will make child I.D. cards at no cost.
· 9:30 p.m.: Zambelli, the “First Family of Fireworks,” will amaze the crowd with its spectacular fireworks show.
Delicious Foods Available for Purchase
Sink your teeth into some of the best foods, including hot dogs, hamburgers, BBQ sandwiches, chicken pitas, Italian sausages and more. Sodas, bottled water, lemonade and sno-cones will also be available.
When parking lots at Mount Trashmore Park are full, Edwin Drive between Independence Boulevard and South boulevard may close. Expect delays. Carpooling is encouraged to alleviate anticipated traffic and heighten public safety.
For the most up-to-date information, stay tuned to local television and radio stations, as well as VBgov.com, the city’s VBTV channels (Cox Cable 46, 47 and 48 and Verizon Cable 45, 46 and 47) and these social media sites:
· Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/CityofVaBeach
· Twitter - http://twitter.com/CityofVaBeach
Citizen Services at 311 (landlines within City limits) or 385-3111 provides the city’s current operating condition status and facilities closure notices. Please do not call 911 unless you have an emergency.
# # #