All city offices and facilities will open at 10 a.m. tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 31. That includes all libraries, recreation centers, parks, the Virginia Aquarium, visitor information centers and the Sandler Center.
· City schools will remain closed Friday.
· Trash collections will resume. See separate news release for details.
· All three city-operated historic houses – the Adam Thoroughgood House, Francis Land House and Lynnhaven Houses – will be closed Friday.
· Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts will be closed.
· General District Court will be closed.
· Circuit Court and the Circuit Court Clerk's Office will be open.
Alpha I employees should report to their assigned work sites as scheduled, or contact your supervisors for further information on reporting responsibilities. Alpha II employees should report no later than 10 a.m. or at your scheduled time thereafter. All employees should continue to follow your department’s emergency procedures and keep in contact with your supervisors as required.
The city manager’s declaration of local emergency will expire at 6 a.m. Friday. At that time, the city will be working under Normal Operating Conditions.
Emergency preparedness information is available at www.VBgov.com/beprepared. For up-to-date storm information, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CityofVaBeach and Twitter http://twitter.com/cityofvabeach, or call VB311 Citizen Services by dialing 311 on landlines within the city limits, (757) 385-3111 by cell phone, or visit www.VBgov.com for online assistance.
# # #