VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – January 15, 2014 – The following Virginia Beach facilities will be CLOSED on Monday, Jan. 20, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day:
● All City of Virginia Beach offices
● All Virginia Beach community recreation centers
● All Virginia Beach city parks and park facilities
● All Virginia Beach public libraries
● All Virginia Beach city public schools and administration offices
● Francis Land House, Union Kempsville Museum, Lynnhaven House and Adam Thoroughgood House
● Owl Creek Tennis Center
● Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, administration office & Box Office
● The Chesapeake Bay Center at First Landing State Park
● Virginia Beach Circuit Court, General District Court, Juvenile & Domestic Relations Courts and clerk’s offices (Closed Jan. 17 & 20)
● Virginia Beach Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office (Closed Jan. 17 & 20)
● Virginia Beach Convention Center administrative offices
● Virginia Beach Public Health Department (Closed Jan. 17 & 20)
● Visitor Center - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
● Visitor Center - Chesapeake Bay Center at First Landing
● Visitor Information Center – Parks Avenue
The following facilities will be OPEN to the public on Monday, Jan. 20:
● Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
● Virginia Beach Animal Care & Adoption Center: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
● Virginia Beach Farmers Market: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For information regarding city services and information, please contact VB311 Citizen Services by dialing 311 within city limits, (757) 385-3111 or visit www.VBgov.com for online assistance.
# # #
News Releases: VBgov.com/Info