The Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library Art Gallery is accepting applications for its 2014 monthly art exhibits. Following a competitive, juried process, applicants will be selected to display their work for one month in the Central Library art gallery.
To be eligible, the artwork must be:
· Two-dimensional, framed wall art (e.g., paintings, photography or collage)
· Original work by the applicant
· Suitable for display in a public library
Applicant portfolios must include:
· Brief letter of application describing your artwork and art experience, with contact information (including email, if possible)
· Sample photographs or digital images (jpegs) of your artwork
· Self-addressed, stamped envelope, if applying by mail
Portfolios must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13. Submissions may be sent via email to RKennedy@VBgov.com or by mail to:
Art Gallery Coordinator
Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library
4100 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
For more information, call (757) 385-0110 or email RKennedy@vbgov.com.