Process Improvement Steering Committee to meet on Wednesday, July 13
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 · 11:30 am
The Process Improvement Steering Committee, which City Council established to improve government processes by seeking and using input from the public and subject matter experts, will conduct its second meeting on Wednesday, July 13 at 3:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Municipal Center in Building 1, Room 350. The public is invited to observe and comment. Following is the meeting agenda:
- Call to order
- Introduction of visitors present and opportunity for public comment
- Old business (Review and approval of the June 20th meeting minutes)
- New business/Discussion items
- Committee member Osmay Torres will provide an overview of Lean Six Sigma
- Budget Director Catheryn Whitesell will discuss current activities of the city in the areas of surveys, process improvement, program evaluations, and efficiencies
- Announcements, including the date for the next meeting
The steering committee was authorized by Council ordinance on May 24, 2011 at the recommendation of Councilman Bob Dyer. It consists of eight community members appointed by City Council.
According to Councilman Dyer, “These difficult economic times have exposed the need for a transformation of government on all levels into governments that work better and cost less. This committee will work with the community and the city organization to improve processes and, ultimately, streamline local government.”
Citizens who want to provide input to the committee can e-mail its members at ImproveVBprocess@vbgov.com. A web site detailing the committee’s mission and progress also is planned.