Three Light Rail Public Meetings in Virginia Beach to be Held Sept. 23-26
Citizens Can Discuss Cost and Ridership Estimates with HRT Officials
Monday, September 16, 2013 · 04:00 pm
Hampton Roads Transit will hold three public meetings this month to discuss the latest information on possibly extending light rail into Virginia Beach. HRT officials will present updates on cost and ridership estimates, then take questions. Citizens also can discuss the issues with HRT staff and consultants.
All three meetings will be 6 to 8 p.m. and will have the same format:
- Monday, Sept. 23 – Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, 4535 Commerce St.
- Wednesday, Sept. 25 – DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach, 1900 Pavilion Drive
- Thursday, Sept. 26 – Holiday Inn Virginia Beach-Norfolk, 5655 Greenwich Road
HRT will present the new information to Virginia Beach City Council tomorrow at a meeting that starts at 4 p.m. Watch the presentation live at www.vbgov.com/media/pages/videos.aspx. Citizens also can watch taped video of this presentation at the same website starting Thursday. A PDF copy of the presentation, along with more information about the ongoing light rail study, will be at www.VBgov.com/lightrail.
For more information from HRT about the Virginia Beach light rail study, visit http://gohrt.com/about/development/vbtes.
To share your thoughts with HRT and the city, contact:
- Mark Shea, Virginia Beach transportation planner – firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 385-2908
- Julie Timm, HRT transit development officer – email@example.com or (757) 222-6000 ext. 6699
# # #