City of Virginia Beach July 4 Operating Schedule
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 · 11:30 am
The following Virginia Beach facilities will be closed Monday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day:
- All City of Virginia Beach offices
- All Virginia Beach community recreation centers
- All Virginia Beach public libraries
- All Virginia Beach city public schools and administrative offices
- Francis Land House, Lynnhaven House, Adam Thoroughgood House and PACTS/Union Kempsville High School Museum
- Owl Creek Tennis Center (Pro Shop Closed)
- The Sandler Center for the Performing Arts & Box Office
- The Virginia Beach Circuit Court, General District Court, Juvenile & Domestic
- Relations Courts and Clerk’s Offices
- Virginia Beach City Landfill
- Virginia Beach Convention Center administrative offices
- Virginia Beach Public Health Department
The following facilities are open to the public, Monday, July 4 during the following hours:
- All Virginia Beach city parks and park facilities - 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Chesapeake Bay Center at First Landing State Park - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center will be open with its extended summer hours,
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. These summer hours will continue through Labor Day, Sept. 5.
- Visitor Center on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Visitor Information Center - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Virginia Beach Farmers Market - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For information regarding city services and information, contact VB311 Citizen Services seven days a week by dialing 311 on landlines within the city limits, (757) 385-3111 by cell phone, or visit www.VBgov.com for online assistance.
# # #