Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation invites you to celebrate National Parks and Recreation Month this July
Friday, May 31, 2013 · 01:50 pm
Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation is vitally important to maintaining the quality of life in our community, enhancing the health of all citizens, programming active and passive activities for citizens, providing memorable experiences for our residents and visitors, and contributing to the economic and environmental well-being of our community and Hampton Roads. In other words, we impact each and every one who lives, works or plays in Virginia Beach! You are at the heart of what we do, which is why we want to celebrate National Parks and Recreation Month this July with you!
- Bring the whole family to our annual July 4th Celebration, 4 pm - 10 pm, Thursday, July 4, 2013 at Mount Trashmore Park. Enjoy the local musicians playing live music, delicious foods, and of course the fireworks! Free children’s activities and games, including inflatables, will be available. Free admission; limited onsite parking is $5.
4 - 8 pm: Children’s activities
4 - 6 pm: User Friendly classic and modern rock
7 - 9:30 pm: Strictly Bizzness variety of music, including classic rock, Motown, oldies and Top 40 dance music
9:30 pm: Fireworks
- Looking to enjoy the sun and the beach? Check out Little Island Park. As an added bonus, the first 50 cars to park at Little Island Park on July 4, 2013 will receive a free koozie.
- Get soaked and have a blast, literally, at the Beach Party on the Sprayground, 2 pm - 4 pm, Saturday, July 13, 2013 at Williams Farm Recreation Center. A Virginia Beach Recreation Center membership or day pass required.
- With Two for Tuesday, a Virginia Beach Recreation Center member may bring one guest for free every Tuesday during the month of July! If you already know how much the Virginia Beach Recreation Centers have to offer, this is the perfect time to introduce a friend to our amenities and services.
- Check out VBgov.com/July for additional event details, and a comprehensive list of other Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation facilities to visit. There are bound to be hidden gems that will surprise you!
For more information about how Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation is celebrating National Parks and Recreation Month this July, please contact Tracey Gauthier at TGauthie@vbgov.com or (757) 385-0445.
Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation’s vision is a balanced, sustainable and value-focused system of parks, recreation and public spaces that creates a sense of community. We are accredited by CAPRA, the certifying agency of the National Recreation and Park Association. For more information, call (757) 385-1100 (TTY: 711 Virginia Relay), visit VBgov.com/parks or sign up for our email newsletters at VBgov.com/eNews.