There will be an emergency closure of Elbow Road from Walpole Street to Round Hill Road beginning at 7 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, through Tuesday, Nov. 20. To repair crumbling sections, part of the road will be rebuilt and raised.
Because of the narrowness of the road, traffic will be re-routed through a detour. Clearly marked signs will instruct drivers about the detour route. Maps showing the detour routes will be posted on the Public Works Department’s web page beginning Friday at noon at www.vbgov.com/PublicWorks
Motorists traveling westbound on Dam Neck Road to Indian River Road will have to:
· Turn RIGHT onto Salem Road and head north to South Independence Boulevard
· Turn LEFT onto South Independence Boulevard and head west to Round Hill Drive
· Turn LEFT onto Round Hill Drive and head south to Elbow Road
· Turn RIGHT onto Elbow Road and continue on to Indian River Road
Motorists traveling eastbound on Elbow Road to Dam Neck Road will have to:
· Turn LEFT onto Round Hill Drive and head north to South Independence Boulevard
· Turn RIGHT onto South Independence Boulevard and head east to Salem Road
· Turn RIGHT onto Salem Road and head south to Dam Neck Road
· Turn LEFT onto Dam Neck Road and continue
For additional information, please contact Chris Hasty, Dan Kiley or Bob Bidlack at (757) 385-1470 or 385-4305 TDD only.
# # #