Regular Waste Collection Schedule to Resume Tuesday
Monday, October 29, 2012 · 03:30 pm
The City of Virginia Beach will resume waste collection Tuesday morning, Oct. 30, with its normal collection schedule.
An unusually large amount of debris is expected, so it is important that residents be aware of the following:
- At this time, normal city garbage and recycling collections (black and blue carts) are scheduled to resume Tuesday, Oct. 30, and will follow normal waste collection schedules as much as possible. If your waste is not collected on your normally scheduled day, please leave the waste at the curb and it will be collected as soon as possible.
- Woody debris should be stacked in 4x4x4 piles. Leaves and grass should be in clear plastic bags and left at the curb.
- Clear plastic bags of loose yard debris should be no more than 25 pounds and should be placed at the curb for pickup. Do not mix the bags with woody debris.
- Construction debris, such as lumber, siding, roofing, etc. must be handled by a private contractor or resident and will not be collected by the city.
- Furniture and appliances damaged by the storm will be collected curbside. A bulky item request is required. Routine requests, however, are temporarily suspended so crews can accommodate storm damage as a first priority.
- The Virginia Beach Landfill, 1989 Jake Sears Road, off Centerville Turnpike, will be open at normal business hours from 7 am to 4:30 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
For questions or additional information, please contact Public Works Waste Management at (757) 385-4650, or visit www.vbgov.com/publicworks.
Emergency preparedness information is available at www.VBgov.com/beprepared. For up-to-date storm information, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CityofVaBeach and Twitter http://twitter.com/cityofvabeach (#VBSandy), or call VB311 Citizen Services by dialing 311 on landlines within the city limits, (757) 385-3111 by cell phone, or visit www.VBgov.com for online assistance.
# # #