Health Department to Host FREE Flu and Tdap Vaccination Clinic on Friday, Nov. 2
Thursday, October 04, 2012 · 10:00 am
The Virginia Beach Department of Public Health will host a free flu and Tdap vaccination clinic at the Virginia Beach Convention Center, 1000 19th Street, on Friday, November 2 from noon to 6 p.m. VBDPH nurses will administer seasonal flu and Tdap vaccines free of charge to the following Virginia Beach residents:
• Adults and children – Ages 3 years and older
• Children (ages 3-8) must bring copy of immunization record
• Accompanying adult must have photo ID
• 900 doses available - Vaccine supply is limited. Individuals will receive vaccine on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Adults- Ages 19 years and older
• Limited supply available
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that individuals receive flu vaccinations because the virus spreads quickly, especially, in school and child care settings and often affects young, healthy adults.
The latest information can be found at www.flu.gov.
Individuals with questions pertaining to the vaccination clinics can call the VBDPH at 518-2700 weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.