Do you know someone who stands out for their leadership, community involvement and positive influence? Nominate them for one of Virginia Beach’s Best All Around Awards!
The Best All Around Awards are based on the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets®
, positive experiences and personal qualities that help young people grow up to be healthy, principled and caring adults.
In addition to the Best All Around Awards, one adult nominee will receive the C. William
Boyce Award and one adult nominee will receive the Malissia Lee Award for demonstrating exemplary asset building and youth development practices.
All nominees will be notified of the status of their nomination by email. The Best All
Around winners will be honored at a luncheon on Saturday, May 2, 2015.
• Youth nominees must live in Virginia Beach and be enrolled in grades 1-12.
• Youth groups/clubs must:
• Exist to serve primarily in the Virginia Beach community
• Have at least 10 active participants within the group
• Have been in existence at least 1 year prior to the nomination
• Adult nominees must:
• Work or volunteer with Virginia Beach youth (coaches, mentors, social workers,
• Intentionally and consistently build developmental assets in their work with
children or teens
• Business/organization nominees must:
• Be located in or operate primarily in Virginia Beach
• Relatives are not allowed to nominate a family member.
• Have created an organizational culture of support, involvement, and investment in youth that results in Asset Development
• Virginia Beach Best All Around Award recipients from the past three years are not
To Make a Nomination
Youth Opportunities Office
2289 Lynnhaven Parkway
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
Or submit by email: yopps@VBgov.com
Nominations must be received by April 7, 2015.