“Virginia Beach Boardwalk listed in the top 10 U.S. Boardwalks by National Geographic Magazine”
The City of Virginia Beach, with a population of almost 450,000 citizens, is fortunate to be recognized as being a great place to live, work, and visit. Some of the most recent accolades include:
One of America's 10 Hardest-Working Cities
Forbes, August 2013
Virginia Beach Ranked as the Fittest City in America
Facebook's Fittest Cities, 2013
2nd Most Business-Friendly City in America
CNNMoney.com Report, June 2013
Virginia Beach named the 2nd Most Small-Business Friendly City
Governing Magazine April 2013
Virginia Beach is the 6th Happiest City in the Country in Which to Work.
Forbes.com, January 2013
- Virginia Beach Ranked the 9th Fittest City in America for 2011 American College of Sports Medicine, 2012
- Virginia named Top State in Which to Make a Living in 2012 MoneyRates.com, 2012
- Virginia Beach ranked 4th among Trip Advisor's Top 10 Beach Destinations in the United States - March 2012
- One of 29 accredited economic development organizations in North America, International Economic Development Council, 2012
- Top 10 Best Walking Cities, Prevention Magazine, 2012
- Seventh Healthiest City in America for Women, Women's Health Magazine, 2012
- Virginia Beach ranked No 2 Best City in America for Raising a Family, 24/7 Wall Street, January, 2012.
- Virginia Beach named The Best - Run City in the U.S. by 24/7 Wall Street Journal., January 5, 2012.
For a complete list of Virginia Beach's economic accolades, please follow this link.