On April 26, 2011, the Virginia Beach City Council approved amendments
to the parking requirements. A summary
of these amendments is available for download.
Highlights of Parking Amendments:
- Adjust excessive parking requirements and add category
- Permit additional compact spaces
- Require motorcycle parking spaces
- Remove reference to Public Works Standards and term "All Weather Surface"
- Require aisle width not to exceed 24 feet
- Set maximum parking standard
- Permit planning director to allow parking above maximum
- Allow shared parking
- Require bicycle parking
- Require covered bicycle parking