On April 26, 2011, the Virginia Beach City Council approved amendments
to the parking requirements. A summary
of these amendments is available for download.
Highlights of Parking Amendments:
- Adjust Excessive Parking Requirements and Add Category
- Permit Additional Compact Spaces
- Require Motorcycle Parking Spaces
- Remove Reference to Public Works Standards and Term "All Weather Surface"
- Require Aisle Width Not to Exceed 24 Feet
- Set Maximum Parking Standard
- Permit Planning Director to Allow Parking Above Maximum
- Allow Shared Parking
- Require Bicycle Parking
- Require Covered Bicycle Parking