Election Worker General Information
The Voter Registrar's Office is looking for dedicated men and women to serve as Election Officials on Election Day. We invite you to help your family, friends and neighbors and serve our City by joining this team of Election Officials. It is an enjoyable and rewarding way to be part of our democratic process.
2013 Election Dates
June 11, 2013 - Primary Election
August 6, 2013 - Special Election
November 5, 2013 - General Election
Election Official Pay
Election Officials are paid for attending training and participating on Election Day.
- A United States citizen
- Resident and qualified voter of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- 18 years or older
- Must attend an Election Official training class
- Willing to work on Election Day until the job is complete
- Interested in the well-being of our City and its citizens
- Interested in having the opportunity to be a part of the Election Day process
- Excited about contributing to our City by having a commitment to a higher level of community involvement
- Able and willing to follow instructions and enjoy people and service to others
Some Job Duties
Assist in the setup and breakdown of tables, signage and voting equipment
Greet voters, instruct voters on voting machine use through demonstrations, assist at poll book and card encoder and verify voter information
Assist on the completion of necessary election paperwork
Oversee the voting process to ensure it is conducted in a manner which maintains the integrity and security of the election
If interested in becoming an Election Official fill out the
and mail it to P.O. Box 6247, Virginia Beach, VA 23456.