In order to apply for an Absentee Ballot:
- You must be registered to vote in the City of Virginia Beach.
- All Virginia Beach registered voters must complete a Commonwealth of Virginia Absentee Ballot Application for each election in which you intend to vote absentee. Items A through D and Part E, Assistant's Statement (if needed), of the Absentee Ballot Application must be completed.
- Absent Active Duty Military, Virginia Voters Residing Overseas and Dependents residing with them MAY USE the Federal Post Card Application. You may file a single Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Application - Federal Post Card Application, (form 76), which is now valid for a span covering one regularly scheduled General Election, if you are: 1) a member of a UNIFORMED SERVICE OF THE UNITED STATES, as defined in 42 U.S.C. 1973ff-6(7), on active duty, or 2) a member of the MERCHANT MARINES OF THE UNITED STATES, or 3) a person temporarily residing outside the continental United States, or 4) the spouse or dependent residing with any person listed in (1), (2), or (3) above.
- Applications cannot be accepted if they are not complete, with the last four digits of your social security number and signed by you.
- Absentee Ballot Applications must be received in the Virginia Beach Voter Registrar's Office by 5:00 p.m. on the Tuesday before the election.
- Ballots will be mailed upon receipt of a completed Absentee Ballot Application.
- The completed Ballot must be returned to the City of Virginia Beach Voter Registrar's Office by 7:00 p.m. on election day.
ABSENTEE VOTERS MUST RETURN THEIR VOTED BALLOT BY MAIL OR HAND DELIVER IT PERSONALLY. NO ONE ELSE MAY DELIVER A VOTED BALLOT BUT THE VOTER.