Your Collection Schedule will be different for certain Holidays. Please be sure you are up-to-date on when to put your black can to the curb.
Garbage and Household Waste Collection
Trash and household waste are collected in 95-gallon containers. The containers may be
purchased from the Waste Management Division by calling 385-4650 to schedule delivery or by visiting our office at 3024 Holland Road.
Please help us to provide efficient service for you by following these guidelines:
- Have containers and/or items for pickup at the street by 7:00 a.m. the day of collection.
- Put the container on the street with the handle toward your house.
- Keep at least 3 feet of clearance between your container and any other item (yard waste bags, limbs, bulky items, mailboxes, cable boxes, or vehicles) including the blue recycle container.
- Cans that are overflowing will not be collected. The lid should be able to close securely
- Remove containers from public view at the end of collection day.
- Clearly label your container with your address and record your container serial number.
- Loose trash in can should be bagged, to reduce litter.
- No other garbage will be collected outside of the black can except for yard waste.
- To report service problems, please call 385-4650 on your collection day or by noon the following business day.
Please do not put the following items in your black cart:
- Remodeling and building materials, carpet, doors, cabinets, toilets, sinks, rocks,
dirt, concrete, vehicle parts, tires, paint cans, glass, propane tanks, hazardous materials
- Please do not dispose of dirt or concrete in your black trash can. They weigh the can down, which increase collection and disposal costs. If you don't have a place to use these in your yard, they can be taken to the Virginia Beach Landfill and Resource Recovery Center, where dirt will be used for daily cover and concrete will be crushed into stone for roadbeds, thus reducing operating costs.
Garbage Can Fee and Warranty
- Black refuse containers (95 gallons) may be purchased from the Waste Management Division for $75.00 each.
- The containers may be picked up from our office, at 3024 Holland Road, or you may call us at 385-4650 to schedule free delivery or to discuss questions regarding older cans.
- Blue recycling carts are also available for free.
- Payment must be made by check or money order made payable to the City Treasurer. We are unable to accept cash or credit card payments.
- Refuse containers come with a 10 year warranty. If during that 10 year time frame the container is damaged, we will repair it free of charge. The warranty does not cover fire damage or theft.
Landstown Transfer Station
Monday - Friday: 5 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. - Noon
Other Services Offered