Curbside Collection of Yard Waste
This service is provided on your normal collection day, and does not require a work order. Residents may place yard debris at curbside for collection by the City as follows:
- Limbs up to 4 feet long and 6 inches in diameter will be collected in a pile not to exceed 4 x 4 x 4 feet.
- One pile, generated from each house, will be collected on each collection day.
- You may also dispose of smaller yard debris, such as grass and leaves (no dirt, rocks, mulch or root balls) in up to 25 clear plastic bags, not more than 25 lbs. per bag.
- Tree removal debris is not collected at the curbside. However, it can be collected through the yard debris container program, provided each piece is no larger than 6 inches in diameter.
Click here to find out about mulch mowing your leaves and grass clippings instead of bagging and dragging them to the curb!
Yard Debris Container Program:
- For larger amounts of yard debris, roll-off containers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is a fee for this service: $40 for weekdays and $75 for weekends.
- The containers measure 13 x 7 x 5 feet.
- The container is only to be used for tree limbs less than 6 inches in diameter, leaves, shrubbery, and grass trimmings from the normal upkeep of the immediate perimeter of your occupied dwelling. Clear plastic bags of leaves and grass should be placed on top.
- The container is not intended for debris resulting from clearing of large tracts of land (greater than one-half to one acre), limbs larger than 6 inches in diameter, root balls, sod, hazardous waste, stumps, firewood, concrete, dirt, bricks, landscape timbers, pallets, compost, mulch, building materials, bulky items or debris from vacant lots or waterways. It is not to be used by contractors or loaded with mechanical equipment.
- You may schedule the container for a day with AM or PM delivery available. However, trailers delivered on Friday will be picked up on Monday.
- Someone at least 18 years old must sign for the trailer when delivered, but need not be home when it is picked up.
- Please note that the Landfill does not accept tree removal debris over 6 inches in diameter.