Curbside Collection of Yard Waste
This service is provided on your normal collection day, and does not require a work order. Residents may place yard debris at curbside for collection by the City as follows:
- Limbs up to 4 feet long and 6 inches in diameter will be collected in a pile not to exceed 4 x 4 x 4 feet.
- One pile, generated from each house, will be collected on each collection day.
- You may also dispose of smaller yard debris, such as grass and leaves (no dirt, rocks, mulch or root balls) in up to 25 clear plastic bags, not more than 25 lbs. per bag.
- Tree removal debris is not collected at the curbside. However, it can be collected through the yard debris container program, provided each piece is no larger than 6 inches in diameter.
Please note that any work done by private contractors must be disposed of by the contractor.
Residents are urged to place yard debris, as well as waste and recycle containers, outside of the drainage flow line (a few inches away from the curb) to keep the drainage flow line clear and avoid neighborhood flooding.
Click here to find out about mulch mowing your leaves and grass clippings instead of bagging and dragging them to the curb!
Yard Debris Container Program:
- For larger amounts of yard debris, roll-off containers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is a fee for this service: $40 for weekdays and $75 for weekends.
- The containers measure 13 x 7 x 5 feet.
- Tree limbs must be no larger than 6 inches in diameter and must fit totally within the container.
- If you place bags of yard waste in the trailer, you must use clear plastic bags, but loose leaves and grass are acceptable.
- You may schedule the container for a day with AM or PM delivery available. However, trailers delivered on Friday will be picked up on Monday.
- Someone at least 18 years old must sign for the trailer when delivered, but need not be home when it is picked up.
- Please note that the Landfill does not accept tree removal debris over 6 inches in diameter.
Please call 385-4650 well in advance if you wish to schedule a container. This service is not available online.