By subscribing to Virginia Beach Public Utilities’ eBill service, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- You confirm that you are the account holder or an authorized user on the subscribed account.
- You authorize Virginia Beach Public Utilities to discontinue mailing of your paper billing statements.
- You will receive your billing statements, including any necessary adjusted or delinquent bill notices, as secure PDF attachments sent to your email inbox.
- You are responsible for adding Virginia Beach Public Utilities to your email account’s ‘Safe Sender’ list and address book.
- You are responsible for providing your correct email address and for updating your email address as necessary. You may manage your email address using the ‘email change request’ link included in all eBill email communications or by calling Virginia Beach Public Utilities at (757) 385-4631 (or toll free at 866-697-3481). Failure to update this information may prevent your eBill from being successfully delivered to your email inbox.
- You are responsible for downloading Adobe Reader to be to able open and view your eBill.
- If your eBill is undeliverable, you will be sent a paper statement and removed from the eBill service. You will be responsible for re-subscribing to the eBill service if you want to stop receiving paper statements and begin receiving eBills again.
Virginia Beach Public Utilities uses Western Union Financial Services, Inc., a third-party payment service, to process online payments made to your Virginia Beach Public Utilities account. Western Union will require you to enter your bank account or credit card information in a secure form to make a payment. By using their form, you are authorizing Western Union to collect your account information to process your payment. Western Union represents that the form is secure
and protects information you transmit to Western Union using industry-standard
If a payment to your account cannot be completed or is refused because of insufficient funds or credit limits, you agree that you are responsible for:
Use of Account Information
Virginia Beach Public Utilities will not sell the information about your individual account to any third party. Your account information will only be used by us in the following ways:
- To complete payments using the eBill service.
- To verify the existence of your water service.
- To compile research that does not identify you as an individual.
- To alert you of other new products and/or services offered by Virginia Beach Public Utilities.
- To comply with court orders or regulatory
proceedings, and as required by applicable law, including the Virginia Freedom
of Information Act.
- To obtain financial information regarding your account from a financial institution to resolve payment posting problems.
You may unsubscribe from eBill service by clicking on the ‘Return to paper statements’ link in all eBill email communications or submitting an unsubscribe form. Please note, it may take up to 24 hours to process the request. Once you unsubscribe, you will revert to receiving a paper statement in the mail.
Should you have any questions regarding eBill, please email eBill.email@example.com.