What Can I do to Prepare Myself?
- Enroll in criminal justice courses at your local community college.
- Click here for the Next Generation Law Enforcement study guide prepared by the test developer.
- Contact one of the four precincts in Virginia Beach to schedule a ride along:
First Precinct - (757) 385-4377
Second Precinct - (757) 385-2700
Third Precinct - (757) 385-2703
Fourth Precinct - (757) 385-2800
- Stay fit. Engage in aerobic and strength training activities. Stretch for greater flexibility.
- Click here for information on how to train for the physical ability test.
- Click here for brief test instructions and preparation for candidates.
- Check your driving history at your local DMV to ensure you don't have more than two (-2) negative points on your record.
- Request a copy of your credit history from Equifax, Inc. (1-800-685-1111), Experian (1-800-682- 7654 or 1-800-392-1122) or Trans Union (316-636-6100) to ensure that your financial information is correct. Correct any errors.
- You will be asked to provide several personal documents. Begin locating them now. They are:
social security card
high school diploma
college transcripts (if applicable)
military discharge Form DD-214 (if applicable)