Mission Statement & Core Values
The Virginia Beach Police Department is committed to providing a safe community and improving the quality of life for all people. We accomplish this by delivering quality police services and enforcing laws with equity and impartiality. In partnership with the community, we reduce crime through public education, prevention, and awareness. In meeting this objective, we demand of ourselves the highest professional standards and dedication to our core values.
Core Values - PRIDE
- In our actions, conduct, and job performance.
- Constantly striving towards ever-rising standards.
- For all citizens, each other, and for differing points of view, regardless of age, race, gender, appearance, individual beliefs, or lifestyles.
- Truthful & honest, deserving of trust
- Being guided by the concept of fundamental fairness in everything we do Doing what is right
- To the organization, each other, our families, and the citizens we serve
- Unquestionable work ethic
- In everything we do
- Seeking to improve and excel, always.