The purpose of the Bayfront Advisory Committee (BAC) shall be to serve in an advisory capacity to City Council with respect to development and improvement to the Bayfront area. Specifically, the BAC shall be charged with the following responsibilities:
- To familiarize itself with the Urban Land Institute (ULI) Bayfront Study and the
various issues associated with development of the corridor.
- To develop an aesthetics and urban design plan for the corridor using the Bayfront Study as a foundation for such plan.
- To identify a series of recommended projects and actions to implement the above-referenced aesthetics and urban design plan, and to prioritize such projects and plans.
- To facilitate the establishment of public-private partnerships to achieve the goals and recommendations of ULI’s Bayfront Study and the BAC.
- To investigate alternative funding sources for projects within the Shore Drive corridor/Bayfront area.
- To engage in public information efforts regarding the BAC’s work and efforts.
- To monitor the progress of those projects and plans which are implemented.