NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Virginia Beach Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 12:00 Noon in the Council Chambers of the City Hall Building, Virginia Beach, Virginia. A briefing session will be held at 9:00 a.m. in the City Manager's Conference Room, City Hall Building. Copies of the proposed ordinances, resolutions and amendments are on file and may be examined in the Department of Planning. For information call 385-4621. If you are physically disabled or visually impaired and need assistance at this meeting, please call the CITY CLERK'S OFFICE at 385-4303.
1. DAVID R. THIEMAN/THEODORE E. THIEMAN, SR. & MARY F. THIEMAN, DAVID R. & KIMBERLY M. THIEMAN APPROVAL (COUNCIL ON AUG. 10)
Subdivision Variance, 1400 & 1428 Campbells Landing Rd. PRINCESS ANNE DISTRICT.
2. STEPHEN J. & PAULA H. LAUKAITIS/MAXIM V. MIROVSKI & MARGARET Y. BAUMGARTEN APPROVAL (COUNCIL ON AUG. 10)
Conditional Use Permit, community pier, 3300 & 3336 Whippoorwill Point. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
3. RORY KENNEDY/ SMO, INC. APPROVAL (COUNCIL ON AUG. 10)
Conditional Use Permit, automotive repair garage, 493 South Independence Boulevard. KEMPSVILLE DISTRICT.
4. COMMONWEALTH VIRGINIA BEACH, L.L.C. DEFERREDChange of Zoning District
Classification, B-2 Community Business District to Conditional O-2 Office District, 445 Kings Grant Road. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
6. INTEGRATED LIVING COMMUNITIES OF VIRGINIA BEACH, LLC A/K/A KINGS GRANT HOUSE DEFERRED
Modification of Conditions, approved by City Council on March 14, 1988, 440 North Lynnhaven Road. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
7. SAINT AIDAN’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH DEFERRED
Modification of Conditions, approved by City Council on April 13, 1999, 3201 Edinburgh Drive. Purpose: parking lot. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
8. THOMAS & JACQUELINE RICHARDS APPROVAL (COUNCIL ON AUG. 24)
Conditional Use Permit, residential kennel, 1112 Hartwood Avenue. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
9. HI-SEA, LLC APPROVAL (COUNCIL ON AUG. 10)
Conditional Use Permit (bank drive-through), west side of Pacific Avenue between 32nd Street and Laskin Road. BEACH DISTRICT.
10. FRANCIS ASBURY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH APPROVAL (COUNCIL ON AUG. 24)
Modification of Conditions, approved by City Council on May 25, 1999, 1871 N. Great Neck Road. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
11. EDWARD AND JEAN SNYDER APPROVAL (COUNCIL ON AUG. 24)
al Use Permit, non-commercial (community) pier/dock, 1057 and 1061 Bobolink Drive. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
12. CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH DEFERRED
An Ordinance to amend Section 1303 of the City Zoning Ordinance, pertaining to appeals of decisions regarding Certificates of Appropriateness for the construction, alteration, repair, relocation, or demolition of structures within a Historic and Cultural District
13. ADOLFO MARTINEZ DENIAL (COUNCIL ON AUG. 24)
Conditional Use Permit, skateboard ramp, 2008 Gadsby Court. Deferred on June 9, 2010. CENTERVILLE DISTRICT.
14. CHESAPEAKE ATLANTIC, LLC DEFERRED
Modification of Conditions, previously approved by City Council on October 24, 2006, 173 & 177 S. Birdneck Road & 1228 Jenson Drive. BEACH DISTRICT.
BEACON - JUNE 27 & JULY 4, 2010 – 1 TIME EACH