NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Virginia Beach Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:00 Noon in the Council Chambers of the City Hall Building, Virginia Beach, Virginia to consider the following applications. A briefing session will be held at 9:00 a.m. in the City Manager's Conference Room, City Hall Building. Copies of the proposed ordinances, resolutions and amendments are on file and may be examined in the Department of Planning. For information call 385-4621. If you are physically disabled or visually impaired and need assistance at this meeting, please call the CITY CLERK'S OFFICE at 385-4303.
1. CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH / COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT – CENTERVILLE SGA MASTER PLAN APPROVAL (COUNCIL on March 26)
- An ordinance to amend the Comprehensive Plan by adopting the Centerville Strategic Growth Area Master Plan (the “Master Plan”) and revise the Comprehensive Plan’s Policy Document to conform to the Master Plan. The Master Plan includes provisions pertaining to: (1) an Illustrative Master Plan, including current and planned land uses and design principles; (2) infrastructure network, including public street network initiatives (major road projects, River Birch Run connection, new I-64 interchange), vegetative and aquatic buffers on I-64, Centerville Turnpike, privately-funded street network initiatives, transit, including existing HRT bus routes, Planned Alignment for Chesapeake Light Rail Transit Line along Centerville Turnpike and potential transit routes and stops, Parks and Open Space Network Plan, including public parks and open space, privately-funded parks and open space types and open space connections, Conceptual Bikeways and Trail Network Plan, including bikeway and trail types, stormwater management, including citywide policies, regional and sub-watershed strategies, Lakes James Drainage Shed, Centerville community stormwater facilities, treatment methods and performance standards for on and off-site development, sanitary sewer systems, water systems, waste management facilities, including mitigation measures; (3) land use and development (land use plan for institutional, office, mixed and residential uses), building heights plan, detailed design concepts (Regent University Expansion, University Village, Corporate Office, University Shoppes, Brandon Neighborhood Expansion, Woods Corner), development standards for commercial/mixed use, office and residential uses, including building elements, building setbacks, building orientation, yard space, landscaping, amenities, lighting, signage, parking lot design, parking structure design, townhouse parking design, sidewalks, street furnishings; (4) Implementation Strategies (zoning, special assessment districts/special service districts, business improvement districts, public investments, private development and redevelopment).
Conditional Change of Zoning, R-7.5 Residential to PD-H2 (A-18 Apartment). Request is to add area to that of an adjacent residential development approved by City Council on May 24, 2011. 736 Newtown Road (GPIN 1468426125-part of). Comprehensive Plan: Suburban Area. KEMPSVILLE DISTRICT.
Modification of Proffers of a Conditional Change of Zoning approved on May 24, 2011. Request is to expand the land area and modify the site layout of the residential development from 2011. The approved density is 10 units per acre; the proposed density is 10.5 units per acre. 736 Newtown Road (GPINs 1468424560; 1468424432; 1468424315; 1468423287; 1468424132; 1468426125-part of). Comprehensive Plan: Suburban Area. KEMPSVILLE DISTRICT.
Modification of Proffers of a Conditional Change of Zoning to B-2 Business, approved by City Council on March 25, 1997. Proposed modification will allow addition of a drive-through to the building in association with a doughnut business.1817 London Bridge Road (GPIN 2405039515). Comprehensive Plan: Suburban Area. PRINCESS ANNE DISTRICT.
APPROVAL (COUNCIL on March 12)
Conditional Use Permit for Motor Vehicle Repair (Heavy). 128 Dorset Avenue (GPIN 1477041127). BAYSIDE DISTRICT.
Variance to the Subdivision Ordinance, Section 4.4 (b), which requires that lots meet the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance (lot will have less than the required lot width). The requested variance is for lot width. 5309 Morris Neck Road (GPIN 2319223454; 2319321589). PRINCESS ANNE DISTRICT.
Variance to the Subdivision Ordinance, Section 4.4 (d), which requires lots to have direct access to a public street. 3905 Richardson Road (GPIN 1488158534). BAYSIDE DISTRICT.
Variance to the Subdivision Ordinance, Section 4.4(b), which requires lots to meet the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance (lots have no frontage on a public street). 1636 and 1676 Godfrey Lane [private street] (GPINs 2409231083; 2409230291). LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
Modification of Proffers of a Conditional Change of Zoning (approved November 25, 2008). Requested modification consists of deletion of Proffer # 9, which requires the developer of Village Bend to construct two neighborhood identification signs for the adjoining Newcastle residential neighborhood. Southside of Dam Neck Road, east of Southcross Drive (GPIN 1484167623). PRINCESS ANNE DISTRICT.
Modification of Proffers of a Conditional Rezoning (approved 2003). Requested modification consists of deleting the age-restriction provided for by the proffers. North side of Princess Anne Road, West of Cross Road (GPIN 2404758161). PRINCESS ANNE DISTRICT.
Modification of Conditions of a Conditional Use Permit (motor vehicle sales), approved by City Council on August 14, 2007. The requested modification consists of revisions to the existing site layout and building for their use as a Mini Cooper dealership. 5193 Virginia Beach Boulevard (GPIN 1467762274). KEMPSVILLE DISTRICT.
Conditional Use Permit for a Child Daycare with a maximum of 12 children. 1309 Boardwalk Way (GPIN 2415972649). BEACH DISTRICT.
Conditional Use Permit for a residential kennel for a maximum of 7 dogs (a Use Permit is required for more than 4 dogs). 4088 Rainbow Drive (GPIN 1475933966). CENTERVILLE DISTICT.
Conditional Use Permit for an Open Air Market (sale of garden plants and supplies on a seasonal basis within parking lot). 1043 Providence Square SC (GPIN 1466538222). KEMPSVILLE DISTRICT.
Conditional Use Permit for a Child Daycare with a maximum of 8 children. 321 W. Farmington Road (GPIN 2407066117). BEACH DISTRICT.
Conditional Change of Zoning, Conditional I-1 Light Industrial to Conditional O-2 Office. The applicant is proffering the site plans, building plans, and use of the property for a Single Room Occupancy complex. 1333 Diamond Springs Road. (GPIN 1469009994). Comprehensive Plan: Burton Station Strategic Growth Area (SGA 1). KEMPSVILLE DISTRICT.
Conditional Use Permit for a Single Room Occupancy facility consisting of 80 single-room units. 1333 Diamond Springs Road. (GPIN 1469009994). KEMPSVILLE DISTRICT.
18. CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH APPROVAL (COUNCIL on March 26)
- An Ordinance to Amend and Reordain Sections 1904 and 1905 of the City Zoning Ordinance Pertaining to Setback, Landscaping, Lot Coverage Requirements and Design Incentives in the Old Beach Overlay District.
19. CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH APPROVAL (COUNCIL on March 12)
- An Ordinance to Amend and Section 5B.5 of the Site Plan Ordinance Pertaining to Standards for Shoreline Stabilization and Maintenance Projects in the Floodplains Subject to Special Restrictions.
Modification of Conditions of a Use Permit for motor vehicle sales and service approved by the City Council on January 13, 2009. The requested modification consists of deletion of conditions restricting the number of vehicles for sale as well as the number and type of pennant, streamers, and similar. 300 S. Rosemont Road (GPIN 1487607775). Deferred on December 12, 2012. BEACH DISTRICT.
Modification of Conditions of a Subdivision Variance approved on February 23, 2003 at 520 Dunkirk Court (GPIN 1487982029). Request: deletion of a condition pertaining to landscape buffering. Deferred on January 9, 2013. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
Conditional Use Permit for an Open Air Market (sale of garden plants and supplies on a seasonal basis within parking lot). 4554 Virginia Beach Boulevard (Sears at Pembroke Mall), (GPIN 1477562034). Deferred on January 9, 2013. BAYSIDE DISTRICT.
Conditional Use Permit for an Open Air Market (sale of garden plants and supplies on a seasonal basis within parking lot of Hilltop East SC). 1550 Laskin Road (GPIN 2407996644). Deferred on January 9, 2013. LYNNHAVEN DISTRICT.
BEACON – JANUARY 27, 2013 & FEBRUARY 3, 2013 – 1 TIME EACH