Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012
You will need to update your registration information if you have moved or changed your name. Please click here
New Virginia Voter Identification Law
In 2012, changes were made to Virginia's voter identification laws. State law now requires that all voters provide an acceptable form of ID at the polls. If you arrive at the polls without ID, you will be required to vote with a provisional ballot and will have until noon the Friday after the election to deliver a copy of identification to the electoral board in order for your provisional ballot to be counted. ID requirements also apply to absentee voters who vote in person.
Acceptable forms of identification:
- Virginia voter registration card
- Valid Virginia driver's license
- Military ID
- Any federal, Virginia state or local government-issued ID
- Employer issued photo ID card
- Concealed handgun permit
- Valid student ID issued by any institution of higher education located in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Current utility bill, bank statement, government check or paycheck indicating the name and address of the voter
- Social security card
The deadlines to register to vote and to vote by absentee ballot have passed.