First, determine Participant Status:
NEW: has never been in programs, or has been inactive for more than a year
ACTIVE: has actively participated within last year
Prior to the registration start date, new participants must first come to the Therapeutic Recreation Programs Office at Great Neck Recreation Center
to receive temporary online access. Picture ID is required. Usual office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
All participants must ...
- Possess a valid Recreation Center Membership Card or Day Pass (obtain through any community recreation center).
- Adhere to the Department of Parks and Recreation’s payments, cancellation/refund policy, and reduced fee eligibility. Learn more
Next, select a TR program or class and once registration is open, register with one of three options:
- EZreg - 24 hours a day! http://EZreg.VBgov.com or (757) 385-2386.
Must have Family Personal Identification Number (PIN) and client barcode. Payment must be made with Visa or MasterCard.
- By mail - Submit Course Registration Form to Great Neck Recreation Center, 2521 Shorehaven Drive, Virginia Beach, 23454. Registration received prior to the initial registration start date will be processed the following business day, in the order in which they are received.
- In person at any recreation center on a first come, first served basis.
Before the program begins, NEW participants must also:
- Complete and submit the participant information forms in the Therapeutic Recreation Programs Participant Packet (see links provided in right sidebar).
- Return these forms to the TR Office at Great Neck Recreation Center
- Attend an In-person Intake (interview) with a program supervisor who will contact you and set up a date/time after all forms are received.
- Will be contacted for a review of your files annually if participation occurs regularly.
- The TR Participant account remains active as long as the annual review is completed.
- If your medical status has changed or if you have been hospitalized please contact a program supervisor to update your file.
Please note: There is a minimum, 5-business days, processing time period for review of class lists, confirmation of placement, and for contacting new participants. At this time, new participant packet forms will be given a deadline for submission.