The City of Virginia Beach operates three premier skate parks located in Mount Trashmore Park, Williams Farm Park, and Woodstock Park. All skateboarding facilities are free and open to all ages.
Mount Trashmore Skate Park
is a 24,000 square foot extensive street course flowing from an aboveground, seven-foot deep bowl. The skate park components are framed
with treated wood and completely covered with composite material. It boasts a Skatelite Pro skating surface that skateboarders, inline skaters, and BMX bikers can enjoy. Adjacent to the skate park is a competition-sized vert ramp that stands at a massive 13.5 feet tall and 40 feet wide.
310 Edwin Drive | (757) 473-5237
Woodstock Park Skate Plaza
has 10,400 square feet of concrete skateable area and 3,200 square feet of interior green space. Boasting several challenging components, the plaza contains a five-foot tall quarter pipe, vert wall, rails, hubba ledges, radial ledges, stairs and handrails to provide endless skating action. Bleachers are available for spectators.
5709 Providence Road | (757) 366-4538
Williams Farm Skate Park is a 25,000 square foot, concrete skate park that features a tiered bowl, flow park and urban skate plaza. LED lighting allows access from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
5269 Learning Circle | (757) 385-3064
See Inside Williams Farm Skate Park
Skate Pass Information
Skate park participants must sign-up for a free skate park pass. The skate pass is valid for all skate parks.
Simply complete the skate pass application
and bring it to park staff. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian complete and sign the form. Parent/guardian will be contacted to verify the information. Participants 18 years and over will be required to provide a photo ID with address for verification.
Once you are issued your skate pass, you will provide it to the park staff on each visit to receive your wristband, which is required to enter the park.
Hours of Operation
Mount Trashmore & Woodstock
Day after Labor Day through June 15:
*Exceptions: During Virginia Beach City Public Schools' Spring Break & Winter Break, skate parks will open at 10 am.
June 16 through Labor Day:
Monday - Sunday | 8 am - 9 pm
- Skate parks will be closed on holidays as posted at the facility.
- Unauthorized access to skate parks after posted operating hours or when
the facility is closed due to safety or maintenance reasons shall be considered
trespassing. Violators will be prosecuted.
- Park staff reserve the right to open or close skate parks as needed.
Entering the Parks
- Patrons must check in and obtain a free wrist band to enter the skate park.
- Registered participants must present the Skate Park Pass upon each visit. To
register for a free Skate Park Pass, please see park staff. Parks staff are not
responsible for lost or stolen skate passes.
- All skate park participants must wear an industry standard helmet. Protective pads
are strongly encouraged. Park staff reserve the right to deny access or use due to
Using the Parks
- Patrons are expected to follow posted rules and staff instruction.
- Skateboards, bikes, razors, kick scooters, and rollerblades may be used at the
- No electric, motorized, training wheels, or “spark” apparatus are permitted in the
- Inappropriate behavior/actions and language, including failing to obey park
safety requirements and rules, will result in disciplinary action and may result in
the loss of skate park privileges.
- Smoking is not allowed in the skate park or at the entrance gate.
- Food is not allowed in the skate park at any time.
In the event of rain, snow or other condensation on the ramps or concrete, the skate park will close until park staff determine the facility safe for use.