Registration & Payment Information
Online registration at http://EZreg.VBgov.com
is available for a limited time at the start of the registration period for those with a barcode and PIN. You can always register in person at any Virginia Beach recreation center.
Please assist us with providing your child’s information by filling out the Out-of-School Time Programs Registration Form
completely and ensuring all required signatures are present. One form is needed per child, per school year.
Legal documentation is required to be attached to your child’s registration form for anyone indicated as a legal guardian (Current Custody Order or Notarized Power of Attorney). Foster Parents must provide a Custody Order as well as the approved Foster Care Agreement Plan.
Requirements for Licensed Early Childhood Programs and participants NOT enrolled in a Virginia Beach City Public School:
- A certified birth certificate, hospital record or valid passport must be presented to our staff. Additionally, we will need a copy of your child’s school entrance immunization & physical records or baby wellness check-up before they may begin attending program.
Requirements for Medication(s):
- A Written Medication Consent Form is required if you indicated yes on your child’s registration form. One form for each medication listed is needed. Please complete all sections, ensuring that the physician signature is present on section #22 and parent signature is on section #30. Note: if providing an Asthma Action Plan or LAMP form, you will still need to fill out our Written Medication Consent Form; however, the physician signature does not need to be present as it is on the Asthma Action Plan or LAMP form.
Requirements for Epi-Pen Injections:
Inclusion, Accommodation & Special Needs Request:
Participant’s Release to Recreation Programs:
Payments can be made at any recreation center, online or via touchtone phone with the barcode and family PIN, by autopay or by mail.We offer a convenient automatic payment service to ensure that you never miss a payment deadline. Simply complete the Authorization for Automatic Payment Form
and turn it in to any recreation center. A new form must be filled out for each new program; i.e., school year and summer.
You can also easily add payment reminders to your calendar using the links on the right.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Your child is considered to be registered in the program only after all registration forms are completed and returned to any of the Virginia Beach Recreation Centers.
- Our staff will confirm the first day your child may start participating in the program, once all forms are received.
Summer camp registration:
- A deposit for each week is required at the time of registration for most camps.
- The balance is due every Friday, 10 days prior to the week of camp.
- Recreation center membership is required for programs held within a recreation center.
School year program registration:
- Registration fee and the first session payment are due at registration for the school year program.
- The balance is due every other Friday, 10 days prior to the week or session that the participant(s) will attend.
- Participants in programs with a $55 registration fee receive a Virginia Beach Recreation Center membership.
If payment is not received on or before the scheduled dates, your child will be withdrawn from the session. Should this occur and you would like for your child to continue participation in the session, you must re-register your child (if space allows) and pay the reinstatement fee and remaining balance on the account.
Payments are not prorated due to illness, inclement weather, vacation, disciplinary actions, etc.
Reduced Fee Information
We know how important our services are to you — and we understand how stressful it is when your budget is tight. We have an option which may help ease the financial burden by providing Virginia Beach residents a 50% reduction in fees for those who qualify.Eligible Out-of-School Time Programs
- Licensed Early Childhood Programs (Preschool Buddies & Kinderbuddies)
- School-Based Before and After School Programs
To apply please review the Reduced Fee Application
for eligibility details and application procedures.