Must have client barcode and family pin. These are provided at time of in-person registration and can be received in person with photo ID at any of our community recreation centers.
Register over the phone: 385-2386
Must have client barcode and family pin.
Register in-person: at any of our community recreation centers
*All methods of registration also require completion of forms provided in the Parent Handbook.
- Reservations are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Your child is considered to be registered in the program only after all registration forms are completed and returned to any of the Virginia Beach Recreation Centers. These forms are in the Parent Handbook.
- Our staff will confirm the first day your child may start participating in the program, once all forms are received.
Summer camp registration:
- A deposit for each week is required at the time of reservation for most summer camps.
- The balance is due every Friday, 10 days prior to the week that the participant(s) will attend. Please refer to the Parent Handbook for the payment schedule.
- A recreation center membership is required for programs held within a recreation center.
School year program registration:
- A registration fee and the first session payment are due at the time of reservation for the school year program.
- The balance is due every other Friday, 10 days prior to the week or session that the participant(s) will attend. Please refer to the Parent Handbook for the payment schedule.
- Participants in programs with a $55 registration fee receive a Virginia Beach Recreation Center membership.
Payments can be made at any recreation center, online or via touchtone phone with the barcode and family PIN, by autopay or by mail.
Autopay is a payment option that automatically charges your Visa or MasterCard every payment due date once you fill out the form and turn it in to any recreation center for processing. A new form must be filled out for each new program; i.e., school year and summer.
You can also easily add payment reminders to your calendar using the links on the right.
If payment is not received on or before the scheduled dates, your child will be withdrawn from the session. Should this occur and you would like for your child to continue participation in the session, you must re-register your child (if space allows) and pay the reinstatement fee and remaining balance on the account.
Payments are not prorated due to illness, inclement weather, vacation, disciplinary actions, etc.
Reduced Fee Information
We know how important our services are to you — and we understand how stressful it is when your budget is tight. We have an option which may help ease the financial burden by providing Virginia Beach residents a 50% reduction in fees for those who qualify.Eligible Out-of-School Time Programs
- Licensed Early Childhood Programs (Preschool Buddies & Kinderbuddies)
- School-Based Before and After School Programs
To apply please review the Reduced Fee Application
for eligibility details and application procedures.