How do I register my child for a program or camp?
If you have your barcode and family PIN, you can register online up until 30 days before the start of the program. You can also register in person at any Virginia Beach recreation center. You'll need to complete the registration paperwork and make a payment for the reservation fee and deposit.
Why can't I register online?
Online registration is only available for a certain time period to ensure we receive the required paperwork to complete the registration before the program begins.
What if the camp or program I am interested in is full?
You can visit any recreation center to put your child’s name on a waitlist for that program. You will receive a phone call if a spot becomes available for them.
How do I pay for my child's program or camp?
Payments can be made at any recreation center, online or touchtone phone with the barcode and family PIN, by autopay
or by mail.
What is auto pay?
Autopay is convenient payment option that automatically charges your Visa or MasterCard every payment due date once you fill out the form
and turn it in to any recreation center for processing. A new form must be filled out for each new program; i.e., school year and summer.
When is my next payment due?
What happens if I miss a payment?
If payment is not received on or before the scheduled due date, your child will be withdrawn from the program. Should this occur and you would like for your child to continue participation in the program, you must re-register your child (if space allows) and pay the reinstatement fee and remaining balance on the account.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a Child Care Spending Report for my taxes?
Complete the online request form
or call our Accounts Management Office at 385-0409 to request one be mailed to you.
What is the Bayside Middle School 21st Century Community Learning Center?
Can my child use a privately owned electronic device during Before & After School Programs?
Yes. Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation works cooperatively with Virginia Beach City Public Schools in allowing participants to use privately owned electronic devices to access the VBCPS wireless network with the understanding from each participant, and their family, that this represents a privilege and not a right. Find participant guidelines here
How are Out-of-School Time Programs affected by inclement weather?
- Before School Programs will be closed when there is a delayed opening.
- After School Programs will be closed when school is closed or released early.
- All School-Based Kinderbuddies Programs will be closed when school is closed or released early.
- All Recreation Center-Based Kinderbuddies Programs will be closed when the schools are closed due to inclement weather.
- All Preschool Programs at Recreation Centers will follow the operation conditions of the facility during inclement weather.
- Parents will be notified to pick up their child(ren) within the hour if the need arises due to inclement weather and/or facility closure.