Celebrate National Yoga Month
with us! Our recreation centers offer registered classes that focus on progression through a series of classes and drop-in group fitness classes to bring you back to center with a great workout.
Combining stretching exercises, controlled breathing and relaxation, yoga can help reduce stress, lower blood pressure and improve heart function. Discover the many benefits of this mind-body practice!
Registered Yoga Classes
Age 14 & up | Recreation center membership or day pass required
incorporates exercises to increase flexibility and strength through static postures and coordinated breathing techniques. These classes are ideal for beginners, although all are welcome.
- Sundays | Sept 20 - Oct 25 | 2 - 3 pm | $47 | Bow Creek Recreation Center- Wednesdays | Sept 23 - Oct 28 | 5:30 - 6:30 pm | $47 | Bayside Recreation Center
teaches you to appreciate your body and gain mobility through gentle stretching, balancing, and strengthen poses. Simple breathing and relaxation techniques will help lower stress, quiet the mind, and rejuvenate the body. The level of the class will vary according to your needs and goals.
- Thursdays | Sept 10 - Oct 22 | 6:30 - 7:30 pm | $47 | Princess Anne Recreation Center
Yoga Level II
offers moderate to athletic flowing postures of increasing complexity. You will work on breathing techniques, arm balances and controlled inversions. Bring a small blanket for restorative and yin postures. - Wednesdays | Sept 23 - Oct 28 | 6:45 - 7:45 pm | $47 | Bayside Recreation Center- Mondays | Sept 14 - Oct 19 | 6:15 - 7:15 pm | $47 | Seatack Recreation Center
Mother Daughter Yoga fosters mutual respect, positive communication and trust as we learn yoga techniques and practice partner yoga, restorative postures, yoga flow, and breath work. No yoga experience necessary.
- Sundays | Sept 20 - Oct 25 | 3:15 - 4:15 pm | $47 | Bow Creek Recreation Center
Serenity Yoga on the Deck takes yoga outdoors on the deck at Bow Creek. Come wind down as we focus on breathing, stretching and balance followed by thoughtful meditation. Suitable for all levels.
- Wednesdays | Sept 16 - Oct 21 | 6:45 - 7:45 pm | $47 | Bow Creek Recreation Center
Yin Yoga is a quiet practice where poses are seated, supine or prone. Focus is placed on the breath, being present, relieving tension and letting go. The Yin practice includes powerful mental and emotional benefits. All levels welcome.
- Fridays | Sept 18 - Oct 23 | 11:45 - 12:45 pm | $47 | Bow Creek Recreation Center
Drop-In Group Fitness Classes
With our drop-in group fitness classes you have the flexibility of taking one or several yoga classes during September. To participate, a recreation center membership and group fitness pass is needed. Open to ages 14 & up; 12 & 13 with an adult
View our group fitness pass options
increases your flexibility and strength through static postures and coordinated breathing techniques while incorporating meditation.
- Tuesdays | 5:30 - 6:30 pm | Williams Farm Recreation Center
- Tuesdays from 6-7 pm & Saturdays from 9:15 - 10:15 am | Great Neck Recreation Center
- Tuesdays | 6:45 -7:45 pm | Bow Creek Recreation Center
Gentle Flow Yoga
introduces basic yoga poses with a gentle approach. This format focuses
on placid yoga poses that are easy on the joints. This a great starter
class for beginners.- Mondays | 10:15 -11:15 am | Bayside Recreation Center
- Tuesdays & Thursdays | 12 -1 pm | Bow Creek Recreation Center
keeps you off your knees for most of the class by using a chair as a tool to modify postures as needed. Improve balance, strength and range of motion.
- Fridays | 10 -11 am | Williams Farm Recreation Center
Silver Sneakers® Yoga
uses a series of seated and standing postures to increase flexibility, balance and range of motion utilizing chair support.
- Fridays | 10:30 -11:30 am | Seatack Recreation Center