Planning, Design & Development
Planning, Design & Development exists to create quality and safe recreational development and a sustainable City-wide environment through:
- Efficient management of the Parks & Recreation Capital Improvement Program;
- Responsive professional planning, design, and project management resources;
- Asset management of Parks & Recreation real estate and improvements;
- Updating and implementation of the Virginia Beach Outdoors Plan and the Bikeways and Trails Plan;
- Stewardship of Parks & Recreation natural resources.
A master plan is a long-term outline of potential uses and strategies for a project or site.
The Design Standards Manual
ensures the consistent planning and implementation of amenities and features in the City’s parklands. The standards are meant to be consistent, safe, cost-effective, and sustainable elements that are easily maintained and managed system-wide.
Design standard drawing (.dwg) files are available upon request by emailing fun@VBgov.com