Do you have a question about national and federal laws, regulations, or cases? Below you will find links to authoritative web sites.Federal Court Opinions
FDsys Federal Digital System
- contains links to official federal government information from the Government Printing Office. Findlaw
- Cases and Codes - contains links to resources for both state and federal law, including constitutions, statutes, cases, and more.
- United States Supreme and Federal Court Opinions
Federal Laws and Legislative Information
(federal legislative information from the Library of Congress)
Uniform Commercial Code
(comprehensive federal laws addressing most aspects of commercial law such as sales, leases, negotiable instruments, bank deposits, funds transfers, and much more)
United States Code
. The United States Code is the codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States, divided by broad subjects into 51 titles.
Federal Regulations and Rules
Code of Federal Regulations
- The annual codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government. It is divided into 50 titles that represent broad areas subject to federal regulation, such as agriculture, aliens, banks, energy, etc.
- The official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of federal agencies and organizations, as well as executive orders and other presidential documents.
- State Law - Washburn University School of Law database of laws of all the states searchable by state or by subject.
- State Resources. Database of the laws of U.S. states and territories.
American Legal Publishing Company Municipal Codes
(does not include Virginia Beach)
(contains over 2,500 codes from all 50 states; includes Virginia Beach)
Search online resources for information about Mexican laws
using this site which features an electronic guide to web sites containing authoritative information on the laws of Mexico and related subjects.