Do you own a Kindle or use the Kindle App? Check out your next Kindle Book from the Virginia Beach Public Library. It's easy and free with your valid, full service Virginia Beach Public Library card.Here's how:
1. Visit the digital media site at http://vbpl.lib.overdrive.com
2. Browse or search for a Kindle book. Under "Advanced Search", there is a format search. You can also select "All Kindle Books" under Featured Collections > e-book Collections on the site navigation.
3. Add the Kindle book to your cart, then proceed to check out. Using the drop down menu, select 7, 14 or 21 days as the lending period. Confirm the checkout.
4. At the download screen, select the "Get for Kindle" button. Another window will open directly into the Amazon.com website. You will be asked to sign in to Amazon.com.
5. Select a Kindle device or a Kindle reading App.
6. Select the "Get Library Book" button on the right side of the window.
7. Sync your device or App to download the Kindle Book. You can also choose to send it to your device via USB.
An active wifi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. If you Kindle is not wifi capable or you do not have an active wifi connection, please transfer the file via USB
Don't have the App yet? Follow the first four steps listed above, then download the App for your device. You can pick up the process from there.Early Return?
You can return your Kindle Book early using the "Manage Your Kindle" feature at Amazon.com. Here's how:
1. Go to Amazon.com
2. Select the Manage Your Kindle page.
3. Find the checked out or loaned Kindle Book title on your list of items or Kindle Books.
4. Locate the Actions pull down menu at the end of the line of the Kindle Book's title.
5. Choose "Return this Book" from the pull down menu.
6. A Return Loan Confirmation box will pop up asking whether or not you really want to return the book to the library.
7. Once it's returned, you will receive an email confirmation.
Need more help? You might want to try looking at these step-by-step instructions
with screens shots.
For quick download help, check out our Kindle
tip sheet. If you need assistance, please ask the library