Library cards are free to Beach residents! Just visit any Virginia
Beach Public Library location to complete a short application.
|Va Beach Resident
||$10 or $35
||3 or 12 months
||Computers & Internet only| Age Requirements
For those under 18, a parent or legal guardian can sign the application in person with proof of current address and picture identification to obtain a youth library card.
Teens, ages 13 to 17, may obtain a teen library card with a valid ID (school ID, driver's license, passport, report card or letter from a guidance counselor). A teen library card allows for 3 items to be checked out at one time and full access to the library's online services. A parent may sign to convert a teen card to a full service library card.View library policies
for more information about library cards.
Card Holder Benefits
As a card holder, you will enjoy the following benefits:
• Downloadable e-books, audiobooks, magazines and music
• Borrowing privileges at all Virginia Beach Public Libraries
Tell me more about...
• Replacement card
• Forgot your PIN?
• Fines or fees
• Update Your Account Information
• Check out /Renew Library Materials
• Library Catalog FAQs
• My Account
• Rights and Responsibilities for Your Library Card
• Self-Service Check Out FAQs
If you need help, please ask the library