Adult Correctional Services
- Treatment for serious mental illness, substance use disorders and co- occurring disorders.
- Psychiatric evaluations, medication management and individual and group therapy.
- Curriculum-based mental health and substance abuse education, relapse prevention, re-entry planning and referrals to community resources.
- Includes jail diversion, forensic services, restoration to competency, advocacy discharge planning, and referrals for inmates with serious mental illness.
Adult Day Treatment
- Intensive program 5 days per week.
- Treatment for persons with moderate to severe levels of mental illness, substance use, or co-occurring disorders.
- Group therapy and educational.
- Provides opportunities to learn and use independent living skills and to enhance social and interpersonal skills within a work-ordered day and in a supportive and normalizing program structure and environment.
- The program is organized through 4 activity areas: Clerical Services Unit, Food Services Unit, Retail Unit, CORE Unit.
- Serves adults with mental illness and/or substance use disorders/children who are Seriously Emotionally Disturbed (SED) or at risk of SED.
- Service planning
- Service Coordination
- Service monitoring
- Education and supportive counseling
- Hospital discharge planning
- Linking to needed services
Child & Youth Mental Health Substance Abuse Services A community based program to enhance the lives of children, adolescents and their families through mental health and substance services.
Crisis Intervention Team
Crisis Intervention Teams (CITs) are designed to reduce negative interactions between individuals with serious mental illness and law enforcement officers, including incidents of violence, and to divert individuals from punitive incarceration to appropriate medical treatment.
- Crisis Assessment and Intervention
- Consultation Services regarding persons in crisis
- Pre-Admission Screening for local psychiatric hospital admission of indigent persons
- Pre-Admission Screening for persons in need of involuntary civil commitment
- Pre-Admission Screening for Crisis Stabilization
- 24 Hours per day/7 days per week
- Provides education classes, support groups, consultation, resource linkage and advocacy for individuals and families affected by mental illness, substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders.
- Staff coordinates the Virginia Beach Community Trust for individuals with mental illness.
- Seek to enable individuals, families, and communities to work together promoting their strengths and potentials.
- The services provided are designed for the enhancement of protective factors and the reduction of risks factors.
- Help to reduce HIV infection among young adults.
- Provide education for the community.
- Provides case management and other supportive services to pregnant and parenting women and their children whose lives have been affected by substance use and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Support services include childcare and transportation assistance to attend substance abuse/mental health treatment, support groups, prenatal and pediatric medical appointments.
- Parenting education and support groups for mothers and fathers.
- Families Together provides targeted case management services to children birth through seven who are considered at risk of severe emotional disturbances due to parental/caregiver substance use, intellectual disabilities or mental illness.
- Serves persons 60 years of age or older.
- Individual & Group Therapy
- Medication Management
- Respite Care
- Senior Resource Center
- Southside Geropsychiatric Services
Senior Respite Care
- In-home supervision/sitting for adults 60 & over living with family caregivers
- Also serves adults 18 and over with dementia.
- Mental Health Support Services (MHSS)
- Trains and reinforces functional skills and behavior related tot he activities of daily living.
- Rental Assistance
- Medication reminding
- Monitors health, nutrition, and physical condition
- Housing Opportunities Program (HOP)
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program for Co-occurring/SMI clients in need of regular support but not appropriate for Day Treatment.
- Participation ranges from 3 -5 days per week.
- Program operates 5 days per week - clients.
- Can be step-down from psychiatric hospital or day treatment programs.
The Recovery Center
- Offers a closely monitored setting for the detoxification and stabilization of adults with co-occurring disorders.
- 24 hours per day/7 days per week
- Medically monitored detoxification
- Crisis Stabilization
- Highly intensive short-term treatment
- Temporary Detention Orders (TDO)