What are the minimal requirements to become a Resource / Foster Care Parent?
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- If married, be married for at least one year.
- Have enough living space for an additional child(ren).
- For all adult household members 18 and older: no felony or misdemeanor convictions which jeopardize the safety or proper care of a child, and no founded child abuse/neglect cases.
- For house hold members between the ages of 14-17, no founded child abuse/neglect cases.
- Be physically and mentally able to provide appropriate child care.
- Have a current driver’s license.
- Have a sincere desire to offer your home in order to be a temporary parent to children whom, for a short period of time, don’t have a safe home or family to care for them.